Adopting Ethan

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Last Day in Beijing

Today is Friday, December 1... our last day in Beijing. Tomorrow we hop a plane to Guangzhou. We plan to go to a new area for shopping today to pick up a few supplies for Ethan. The area contains a TGI Fridays and other American restaurants. To be perfectly honest, Tommy and I are ready for a little Western food. It doesn't seem to matter to Ethan.

Yesterday we went to Mr. Lee's Noodle restaurant. Sue, our guide from the Holt Office says that most Chinese think that Mr. Lee's is more American than authentic Chinese. Tommy and I disagree. We had a tough time there ordering something. I pointed to what looked like a chicken dish and thank goodness it was. There was a helping of bean sprouts that came with the meal and Ethan ate all of them. He said "yummy" after taking the first bite. I don't know many two year olds who would eat bean sprouts!!!!! But then again, I haven't found anything he won't eat.

We get lots of stares when Tommy and I are out with Ethan in public. Partly because we are Westerners with a Chinese child and partly because of his lip. He doesn't seem to notice and it doesn't bother us either. They are just curious.

The weather here has been sunny the last few days but still very cold. There has even been some snow. Yesterday morning we went to see the Great Wall. The mountains around the wall are very large and you can see beatiful views from the wall. It was colder up there of course so we didn't stay too long.

3 Comments:

Blogger Christen Higgins said...

Carla,
I'm so excited for you!! Mrs. Clark brought me an email that you had sent which had this web address...I must say that reading your blog entrys have brought tears to my eyes!!! I definitely want to come visit when you get back...I may come over there with Mrs. Clark sometime. I will pray that everything continues to go well and as planned as well as your safety back to the US! What a story!! Little Ethan is already so blessed to have yall for parents!!
Christen Higgins

6:36 AM  
Blogger Cindy McNeill said...

I am glad to hear that Ethan is such a great eater. He will definitely fit into this family. I hope that you took pictures of the Great Wall. I hear that it is amazing. Be safe and have fun.

Cindy and Eric

7:50 AM  
Blogger Cindy McNeill said...

I am glad to hear that Ethan is such a great eater. He will definitely fit into this family. I hope you took pictures of the Great Wall. I hear that it is amazing. Be safe and have fun.

Cindy and Eric

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home